I just made this for lunch and had to share. It was inspired by the Tunisian Kale Salad in Kris Carr’s Crazy Sexy Diet, I created my own variation here.
*note: I do not really measure when making salads, so everything is an approximation and can be adjusted to your preference.
serves approx. 2
For the Salad:
- 1-2 cups kale, de-vined
- 1/2 cup shredded green cabbage
- 1/2 cup pea shoots, chopped (you can get these at Trader Joes or use other spout-like variations)
- cilantro, chopped
- basil, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- handful of sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1 heaping tbsp nutritional yeast
- olive oil and water (use as much or as little of each as you like)
- juice of 1 lemon
- agave, to taste
- garlic salt
Combine all the veggies in a big bowl.
Combine all the dressing ingredients. Depending on how liquid, oil-based or water-based you prefer your dressing, use as much or as little oil/water combination as you like.
Pour the dressing over the salad and gently coat.